First Steps

Well first steps came before 2nd Birthday!  They are only 2-4 and then down he goes but he is trying.  He is constantly wanting to walk between Steve and I.  Our backs are feeling it.  Knocks him out afterwards though so you get a break to do things you need to do without tripping over him.  He can book it with his walker though.  Watch out!  

He can say Eat, Go and No along with counting.  I am waiting for Now.  Oh wait, he just figured out "done".  I make him sit in his high chair until he signs it after eating (which he knows).  We had a battle of wills (he was screaming and refused to sign done when asked), I left him in his highchair. He decided it was easier to say it and get down to bug me than scream in his high chair while I did dishes.  Progress?  ;)  

He has a helmet to protect his head.  He can still manage to turn in such away that the exposed area is what he hits.  At least his forehead is no longer purple?  I have a feeling he is going to need stitches before he is 4.  

His eyes are changing color.  He was born and kept his blue eyes until about 4 months ago. They are now the same unusual gray color his father had as a youngster.  Undoubtedly they will continue to change to the green Trevyn has as an adult.  Trevyn's eyes didn't start changing from blue until he was about 4. It is just interesting to see them change.   

We had our second Thanksgiving.  This time he fed himself.  His tray looked like a beautiful mosaic of colors from all the food he mushed and spread around.  I have an artist in the making.  

So we are waiting for Trevyn's genetics results to come back.  Michael's bio mom refused to get tested and even though in "most all cases" it is the mother that passes on the gene to a child born with Congenital Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy, it is best to be sure of that Most part.  Helps plan for the future.  

Posting more pictures of the Moose.  He is not a heavy looking child but try carrying him.  He is SOLID.  Wearing 4T clothes as well.  He is bigger than a friends 4 year old.  He was already 3 feet at 18 months so I guess he will be tall.  All the more reason to get him walking before he passes me!  




Comments

  1. He is doing so well, but I know just "babysitting" a toddler for a day is exhausting - glad you started younger than I did. Bless you, lady. You are doing God's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I would love to see you while you're in Portland!! My email is becket.lauten@gmail.com
    Your childhood buddy,
    Becky Niblo!!! (there's a name I haven't used in nearly a quarter of a century.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thursday Feb 6th driving up since have an early morning appointment 7th. Would love to connect!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ups and Downs

Wiley joins Michael in Life's Adventures!

Back to SLC!